Xeppo allows you to save emails directly in Xeppo against Clients, Groups, Leads, Opportunities or Projects.
This is achieved by including your unique Xeppo email address when sending emails or by forwarding an email to this unique address.
- Know your unique Xeppo email
- Your unique email is firstname.lastname@example.org, where 'mypractice' is determined by looking at the URL address of your Xeppo site. It is the text following "https://portal.xeppo.com.au/".
- It is generally your practice name or abbreviated practice name
- You need to be an active Xeppo user
- Xeppo will only accept emails from a registered Xeppo User in your Practice This ensures SPAM or unauthorised users are not sending emails into your Xeppo Practice.
- You need the Activities App enabled within your Xeppo site
A quick start guide is available below to help you get started.
Saving Emails in Xeppo
When you are sending an email simply include Xeppo as one of the recipients (as shown below) in either the To, Cc or Bcc field.
When sending an email, selecting New Email creates a code associated with that email (This is in the background coding). When starting a new email conversation with a client, always select New Email as this creates a new code. If you are continuing a conversation with a client, you can simply select reply which causes the email code to remain the same and will be considered a conversation and linked together in Xeppo.
Note that responses from your clients will be ignored within Xeppo when they are not an active user. To track in this case, you would then need to forward their response to Xeppo
If you are sending the same email to several clients, you can copy and paste the content from one email to another, however, you must ensure that you send it from a new email each time. For example, you cannot forward a previously sent email and change the contact details as the code associated with that email will not change and will be considered part of a conversation.
If you receive an email then simply forward it to Xeppo using your unique Xeppo email address,as shown below.
Xeppo will look through the email for any known client emails and link if found. If a single record cannot be found, the activity will be marked as unassigned in Xeppo (new Unassigned system view for Activities) and Xeppo will provide suggestions where it can.
- Email Threads are appended
- Xeppo is smart enough to know if emails relate to a conversation (Thread) of emails previously saved
- In this case Xeppo will replace the body of the pre-existing email record (as long as you didn't edit it!) and also append the conversation as an attachment
- Unassigned activities are only available to the sender and Practice Admin's. This is to ensure confidential emails are not inadvertently compromised
- It may take a minute or so
- Xeppo looks for new emails every 1-2 minutes, so you may have to wait a bit before it turns up
- Attachments are in the Documents App
- All attachments contained within an email will also be included in your Documents App. If you would then like an attachment to be saved into SharePoint, you can download it from Xeppo, and save it into the correct SharePoint folder. This allows you to then file into folders and optionally publish to the Client
- Document Storage Allowance
- All Xeppo subscriptions include a Document allowance. All emails and attachments will be counted in this calculation and as a result additional storage fees may apply
- You can keep track of your document storage usage via the Documents App > Admin > Settings page
Saving Emails to Specific Places using @xep Commands
Xeppo can be forced to file an email in a particular way by using a @xep command.
These are designed to avoid the need to manually assign the email, making the process as efficient as possible.
A command is enacted by appending it to the end of the email subject, identified by the @xep reference.
|@Xep command||Expected Result|
|@xep||Nothing was informed after the tag. It won't be auto assigned. It's a way for the user to say "don 't assign, i'll do it later. "|
|@xep 2345678||Activity is assigned to XeppoCode 2345678|
|@xep 2345678 #group||Activity is assigned to the XeppoCode's group|
|@xep 2345678 #lead||If XeppoCode has a single lead, activity is assigned to it. Otherwise unassigned with suggestions saved for later use.|
|@xep 2345678 #opp||If XeppoCode has a single Opportunity, activity is assigned to it. Otherwise unassigned with suggestions saved for later use.|
|@xep #group 12345||Activity is assigned to XeppoGroupCode 12345|
|@xep #lead 555||Activity is assigned to Lead ID 555|
|@xep #opp 777||Activity is assigned to Opportunity 777|
|@xep #client||If a single primary contact is suggested based on emails, assign to it. If more than one, get a new suggestion set using only the first email in the recipient's list. If multiple suggestions persist, the activity is unassigned and suggestions are saved for later use in the assign action of the Activities App.|
|@xep #group||If a single group is suggested based on emails, assign to it. If more than one, get a new suggestion set using only the first email in the recipient's list. If multiple suggestions persist, the activity is unassigned and suggestions are saved for later use in the assign action of the Activities App.|
|@xep #lead||If a single lead is suggested based on emails, assign to it. If more than one, get a new suggestion set using only the first email in the recipient's list. If multiple suggestions persist, the activity is unassigned and suggestions are saved for later use in the assign action of the Activities App.|
|@xep #opp||If a single opportunity is suggested based on emails, assign to it. If more than one, get a new suggestion set using only the first email in the recipient's list. If multiple suggestions persist, the activity is unassigned and suggestions are saved for later use in the assign action of the Activities App.|
|@xep #proj 35||E-mail will be assigned to the related Project as identified by the Project ID number 35.|
Determining the relevant Code or ID
The table above assumes knowledge of the relevant Xeppo Code or ID.
Xeppo Codes and Xeppo Group Codes are displayed in views and also on the actual Xeppo page.
In the case of Leads and Opportunities it is shown in the URL
Working with Unassigned Emails
Whenever Xeppo is unable to assign an email it will post a notification in your Xeppo Notifications.
Click on the notification to view unassigned items (in the Activities App).
Resolving Unassigned Activities
All of your unassigned activities are listed in a System View within the Activities App. We now show the 'To' and 'CC' fields to help you assign the email. Click on the "Assign" button next to the item to assign it to a Group, Client, Lead or Opportunity. Please watch video in the tab on this feature.
If it can, Xeppo will also make suggestions as to who this belongs to by listing any emails found in the body of the email (and are found in Xeppo).
You can also assign items in bulk via the Actions button.
- When bcc'ing an email in rich text format it won't be processed.
- If the subject of a threaded conversation changes, the thread is interrupted. So, if the user adds @xep to an existing conversation, it will generate a new activity instead of updating the existing activity.
- The Activity title assumes that tags will only ever come at the end of the email subject, so any text after @xep that is not a tag will not get carried through to the Activity title.