Deregistering from Push Notifications
Deregistering from push notifications means that you wish to permanently remove the web browser along with permissions of a listed device from receiving any notifications. This function is not the same as toggling the switch ON or OFF from your practices. Deregistering a device is also useful if you wish to clean-up multiple unused devices over time.
Steps in Deregistration
- Go back to the Push Notifications page.
- From the Push Notifications page, choose the Device Name that you wish to deregister.
- Click on the Device Name to select it. Your choice is highlighted should be highlighted as seen from the image below.
- Then, click on the Deregister button. You will be asked to confirm if you want to deregister the current device.
- Click on the OK button. When the deregistration button is successful, the device name no longer appears from the list of registered devices.
- Clearing web browser cookies and other site data, including site preferences, will remove the push notification permission. You may need to re-register your device if this happens
- Deregistration of a device also happens when a user is disabled