Building a View
Xeppo Views Creation Guide
Xeppo allows you to create your own specific views, save them and even share them if you see relevance to the rest of your Practice.
This document outlines the basic steps towards building your own views.
- Start with the end in mind
- Views can only display information relating to the element you have chosen (ie Group, Client, Holding, etc)
- Filters can search across any related data of that element.
So start with the end in mind, that is, what data do you want to display - that's where you start.
- Pick a starting point
The next step is to find a view which is pretty close to what you want. In our example we are wanting to look at individual clients so we start with the Clients \ Search Clients default view.
Then pick the columns you want to display in the report. We recommend this as you can see the values which will help in building the filters.
- Pick columns you want in the view
- Drag the columns into the right order
- Pick a column to sort the view by
- Click on Update Results to see if this is the right data
- Continue to modify until the desired result is achieved.
The final step is to limit the view to just rows you are interested in. This is most likely the hardest component as you need to find the right Fields and ask the right question!
See related article Filters and Displays - key fields to know about
Use the search box on the filter tab to make finding the right Field as easy as possible. Type what you are looking for and in the majority of cases you will find what you are after.
Use the Display feature to assist. It may be that you add columns to ensure you are filtering correctly, and remove before finalising the View.
Remember that you can search not just on the element you are building the view against, but any related data elements. So this makes searching very powerful.
A key one to consider is "Client Status", otherwise you may include Prospects and Inactive clients.
Similarly for Leads and Opportunities, they have various status settings which can effect your results.
- Save your View
Once you are happy with the view ensure you Save it When saving, you have a number of options to consider.
- Favourite will put the view at the top of your view list
- Default will mean that this view is the default view whenever you visit this particular data element (e.g. Client).
Tags and Key Firm contacts have some special characteristics in how they operate.
Create a Xeppo View
In this video we build a View against the Client data element. We want to see our top individual fee clients. To do this, we will:
- Search for fields wanted in the Display
- Change the order of fields displayed
- Sort by a particular column
- Individual client only (Entity type)
- Fees YTD are greater than 10,000
- Save the view
Article is closed for comments.